Update on Coup Attack in Turkey
The security situation in Turkey has been assessed to be stable after the weekend’s attempted coup. All airports are open, and several travel agencies and airline carriers are yet again offering travels to Turkish destinations. The situation is reported to be normal and calm in tourist areas.
A large number of people have already been provided with advice and help in relation to the serious situation in Turkey.
“Travellers are uncertain on how to handle transits and travelling through Turkey from other countries, the general security situation, and how to manage an upcoming travel to Turkey”, says Global Security Manager, Søren Boss.
- Remain vigilant and stay informed via your respective foreign ministries and await information
- Avoid demonstrations and large gatherings
- Avoid government and authority offices and buildings
- Travellers should expect an increase in police and military presence
- Thorough security checks can take place, why travellers are advised to always carry their ID, and in turn be ready to show it if needed
- Contact your travel agency for updates on changes and upcoming travels
- Contact next of kin
Reactions after return
Advice after return:
- Make sure you have someone to talk to.
- It is normal that a violent incidence will affect you. Your reactions and emotions can be powerful. This is normal.
- Travellers with children should talk to the child and make certain that he or she has not been affected by the experience
A large number of people have already been provided with advice and help in relation to the serious situation in Turkey, and Falck Global Assistance continues to provide help, also after return. If you have been involved in or been close to the incident psychological support can be necessary.
Please contact Falck Global Assistance 24/7 emergency response centres for information and further advice:
- Denmark +45 7025 0405
- Norway +47 2149 2415
- Sweden +46 8 58 771 717
- China +86 (10) 58 203 278
- India +91 1 244 006 675
- US +1 8 556 596 672